Tuesday, October 7, 2014

God is good


So...life with 3 kids is interesting. :) God has been showing me so much lately on family and what I should and should not be doing as a mom. We were given some CDs to listen too about being godly parents and how to raise godly children. The Lord has helped me put some of things I'm learning into practice. For example the 1st thing I learned was putting my kids and I on a schedule. We have a rough draft schedule at this point but I have them helping me with chores every day and we have a set Bible time with me in the morning and then with Todd at night. They get play time and reading time plus school time every day. Soon I will add more home activities for them which will allow me to teach them something particular. 
  Our little Naomi gets play time and talking with mommy time. Since she is only 7 weeks old she mainly sleeps and eats. :) the behavior of me and the kids seems to be improving since we put this into place. Plus it gives Todd and I great discussions on what are goals are for our kids and what we can do to train them up in Gods way. 
   The 2nd thing that The Lord has shown me is having our kids hearts. If we just teach them to be good that is not enough. We need to have their hearts if they are to be raised correctly. I don't want them to get older and not care about what we are telling them or we take something away and they become bitter or angry. Praying for them is key and also living what we talk. Saying one thing and doing another is not going to lead our kids to Christ but rather push them away.
  I'd like any thoughts on this matter of having our kids hearts. 

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I'd like more thoughts on having our children's hearts, too. I think I'll try finding more on it. Sounds very important and something I'd like to fully understand. I really like this post and the advice given. And I really like the photos :-)

Laney B said...

Its been on my heart lately to do things like this with Ari. To have a schedule, with some reading, teaching and chores. We finally have a normal nap time (mostly) and I want to start teaching her pre-k things since she will have to miss a year because of where her birthday falls. Thank you for encouraging me to dive into this! The pictures are awesome btw. I miss you!

Anna said...

Hey! Glad to see you all are doing well! Its funny i checked your blog today. I just started reading a book today that my mom has recommended for years. Its by a man named tedd tripp called Shepherding a Child's Heart. All about getting the heart of your children.