Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Good Morning World

I am still in bed being spoiled by my Honey. He is making breakfast in bed for me. :) I cant believe Todd and I will be married 2 yrs in May! Time flies!
I want everyone to know that God has been very good to us. We have a home, a place to sleep, clothes to wear, and most of all Saviour that loves us. We are very spoiled by our Heavenly Father who takes care of us. I would rather have HIM than anyone :)
So I have not informed everyone of what I am up to these days. I got a job at the beginning of the fall school year as a Teacher's aide. To tell the truth I liked staying at home but it seemed as if God wanted to me to do this. I was very reluctant at first and decided to talk to the Principle of the school, whom I know quite well. (She is the one who led me to the Lord almost 12 yrs ago). I told her where I thought God was taking me and asked if she would pray about hiring me. (with the thought in mind that I was crazy and that I would never get this job) Yeah well the Lord saw fit to give it to me. I was thrilled, suprised, and scared to death! I havent even finished school yet and I didnt see how this job would work out. I have been in it for a whole semester now and absolutely love it! I got to teach the 3rd grade for 6 weeks while the main teacher was out on maternity leave. I only work 3 days a week but I love every minute of it. Something about making the kids smile and have fun yet learn. God has truly blessed me to get to know these 14 wonderful kids. I have grown very attached to them. And I cant believe I am thinking this but I am super excited about one day having my own classroom!
Over the holidays I have had the opportunity to tutor a 3rd grader who needed help. She is very sweet but needs Jesus. I have been asked to lead her to the Lord on 2 seperate occasions but she doesnt get it yet. She still just wants to be good and does not see her sin. Please pray for her. Her name is Alexis Jacobs.
So that is my life in a nutshell. I am still trying to be housewife and a working woman. Not easy, but God is faithful. My hubby is very understanding and is ok with me working or not working, whatever the Lord wants. I try to take care of him as much as I can. :)

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Hey. Glad to hear that the teaching job is going so well!

Yes, my pup is already trained. He is pretty good. Right now he is sitting watching William sleep. I think that he thinks they can play when he wakes up. Haha.

Anna said...

I am very excited for you about your teaching and I will be praying for Alexis.
By the way what kind of dog do you have? He is soooo cute!
~Momma~

p.s. I love being able to see how you are doing again because of your blog!

Leam L. Leam said...

My puppy is a terrior and possibly a cockerspaniel mix. There werent really sure but definitely terrior in him.
I am excited about the blog again and I am hoping to keep up when school starts back and college. My life gets pretty hectic. but we shall see!
Momma where are those pics of my new daddy????????