Saturday, January 1, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Welcome to 2011! Amazing to think about! God has been good to leave us here this long.
Well I had some answers to prayer just yesterday! Todd and I would love to start saving some money and I have been really struggling just to keep us afloat. I prayed asked God to please let us start saving money some way and some how. Well he answered that prayer in a couple different ways: 1st I got offered a tuturing job 3 days a week after school (I was in amazement because that was 2 hrs after I prayed), Todd got interested in the budget and helped me figure it all out last night (I have been begging and I was so glad to see God answer and it had nothing to do with me), and God showed me He can provide by supplying us with a meal from Todd's mom that we had no idea about until she called us and said she was bringing chicken over. :) God really answered that prayer in all directions for me. He showed me that if I want to save money it is not going to be just handed to me I have to work for it (although He handed me the job), He showed me that Todd does care about the money situation and can be very helpful in it all, and God showed me that if He chooses to not let us save any money He can still provide our every need. :) God is Good!
2nd answered prayer: We were discussing getting a propane heater to have a second source of heat so we dont use up all the wood in the stove. Well I called the propane people we get propane from and the price has gone up exceedingly. We filled up our tank last yr for 2.89 a gal. and it has gone up 3.60 a gal. now. That is a pretty big jump and quite pricy to fill up the tank. I thought to myself and expressed that I didnt see why God couldnt just keep providing wood because He gave us the wood stove. I went and prayed and begged God to provide the wood when needed. Todd called up a guy that has a tree service and just lets the trees he cuts up sit there in his yard and rot away. The guy said we can get whatever we need!!!! Praise the LORD!!!! I may even get some much wanted mulch for my garden for free!!!! I have to say I was in a amazement and quite speechless because that was the second answered prayer in a day. I do not deserve His answers but because of Jesus Christ I am so glad He does. :)
I was told this the other day. We have mixed up theology if we think that God only blesses us when we are right and walking perfect. He chooses to bless and we have nothing in a sense to do with it. We think in our heads how much better we are than others if God has blessed us in some way. But what about the lost people that God seems to be blessing in a sense. This was a real eye opener to me. I have thought this way and I truelly am ignorant in many things. I just want to be thankful when God does choose to bless us! Oh may God be praised in my life today!!!!!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Praise the Lord!! What a blessing!

Anna said...

God is so Good to us!
By the way, I posted those pictures today!