Thursday, January 20, 2011

9:51

I finally got up this morning, but I really needed the sleep. For now the headache that I have been dealing with is gone and I am able to enjoy my morning. :) Very thankful for that. My grandaddy just called and I will be going to lunch with him in an hour and half. I have seen him since Christmas so I am looking forward to the time with him.
I am reading in Amos 6 this morning. I came across a very striking verse, but first I need to help this by actually typing up the verses.
1* Woe to them that are at ease in Zion, and trust i nthe mountain of Samaria,
which are named chief of the nations, to whom the house of Israel came!
2* Pass ye unto Calneh, and see; and from thence go ye to Hamath the great:
then go down to Gath of the philistines: be they better than these kingdoms?
or their border greater than your border?
3* Ye that put far away the evil day, and cause the seat of violence to come near:
4* That lie upon bed of ivory, and stretch themselves upon their couches, and eat
the lambs out of their flock, and the calves out of the midst of the stall;
5* That chant to the sound of the viol, and invent to themselves instruments of
musick, like David;
6* That drink wine in bowls, and anoint themselves with the chief ointments but they are not grieved for the affliction of Joseph.


sorry the last verse wouldn't cooporate. But what I see here is a lack of care for the children of God or even the unsaved around us. I am not grieved as I should be with the things going on around me. I have all my needs met and im living good but yet no concern and no grief. Oh how I need to get back to praying with a heavy heart. so many are in affliction around us, can you see them? Are we praying for them? do we expect God to answer our prayers for them? Or are we just praying to make ourselves feel better. HMMMMMMMMMMMM............ This really hits the spot this morning.

No comments: