Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Amazed!

I only have a few minutes this morning due to going to class (American Lit), but I wanted to write something. I have been trying to get a fire started for about an hour and its been a no go. So I decided to just set everything up in the stove the best I could and lit the paper like I did a ton of times before. I didnt believe I would have a fire so I just bundled up and started reading my Bible. I prayed to my Father about the fire because the wood we have right now is hard to get a fire started, and I said I did everything I could but I need His power to get the fire nice and hot. I found it to be a silly prayer but I didnt mind praying it because I know He can answer if He chooses. Well with it not really in my mind I started reading in Hosea. I read Hosea 10 and then started in 11 and came to a part in 11:9 "for I am God, and not man." As soon as I read it I thought again about the fire and the temp was still cold, but I heard something going on in the stove and lo and behold some of the wood caught and the temp shot up to 300 degrees. I know that may seem crazy and silly but I thought about it some more. God can use us and start a fire so nice and hot that everyone can see us and feel us. We may think we arent worth much but to Him we are! Then I thought about the 2 little pieces of wood that I put in the stove that were better than all the rest. They catch easier and they burn better. They seemed so small though and insignificant but yet that is what was making the fire so hot. I ran outside and got some more of that kind of wood and put it in there. We sometimes only give God the old stuff and the things we dont care about much, but when we give Him the things we care about that is when the fire starts to really get going. God wants everything in our lives. My issue is money, but if I just give it to Him I know that I can burn brighter. Whats yours? Remember dont put God in your little box because you cant! He is not man, He is God! Burn brightly today!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Kimmay said...

hey Leam!!!!!! i miss you!

Anna Payne said...

What a GOOD thought! Thanks LEAM!!! :) love you SO much and totally excited about seeing you!!!!!!

Sandy said...

Hey great challenge!